Applications: Cooked sausages - eaten hot (hot dog, viena, frankfurter, breakfast sausage, grill type), Cooked sausages - cold cuts (lyoner, Pariser, Bologna, Mortadella type), Canned meats (luncheon meats, corned beef, meat spreads), Meat balls, hamburgers, fresh sausages, Cooked whole muscle ham, Sandwich ham, pizza topping, Dried and fermented sausages, Cooked salami (salami cotti, sucuk), Cured, smoked and cooked bacon, Soups, sauces, broths Function: Color Origin: Pork Benefits: Clean label, Inside coloring, Carmine, caramel or beetred
Consumers lay great value on the appearance of meat products, sight can be the leverage of buying a product. Where in the food industry it is a common practice to use E-numbers and other colorants, consumers averse this more and more. This makes Harimix the perfect solution for meat processors. Harimix is a stabilized hemoglobin, a natural red colored protein which is partly responsible for the distinctive natural color of meat. Harimix is a red colored protein which can intensify meat (or vegetable) proteins but leaves fat, packaging or anything else unaffected. Harimix can prevent undesirable color changing in your meat product and give the overall appearance a boost!
Contact one of our experts in your region
Let's connect for tailor made advice, an offer or a sample and discuss how our functional protein can optimise your product.
Applications fitting Harimix are broad. Basically any meat product which could use a color enhancement suits Harimix. Most effectively in fresh meat and dried fermented products to give an improvement in redness. But in cooked products, Harimix also improves color, for example in cooked hams (injected and/or tumbled) and frankfurters, Harimix also gives a more appetizing color. In cooked products with nitrite, Harimix improves the pinkiness, but does not replace the function of nitrite. In meat products without nitrate, Harimix prevents paleness of meat in for example frankfurters.
BouillonmexBouillonmex is a spray dried powder protein of porcine origin. Bouillonmex is very suitable to prevent undesirable colorproblems and to enhance the color of meat products, just as Harimix, and at the same time to provide a nice bouillontaste.
Above the results of the color stability research of Harimix. On the left: Frankfurter sterilized / canned. Middle left: Frankfurter pasteurized / vacuum. Middle right: Ham Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP). On the right side: Ham vacuum packed.
- Natural and clean label meat color With hemoglobin as it's functional ingredient, Harimix gives a natural meat color to the meat products. Harimix is available from bovine or porcine origin and suitable for coloring of both the inside and outside of meat products.
- Homogenuous color Harimix is completely soluble and only colors the lean meat, not the fat and not the package. It improves the perception of higher lean meat content thanks to the nice contrast.
- Optimal color stability Harimix is color and heat stable and can be used in pasteurized or sterilized products as well as in fresh or fermented products.
- Low dosage, easy to use Harimix, available as liquid and powder, is fully soluble and can be added to the brine, the dough during its preparation or to the grounded meat. Typical (low) dosage is 0.1-0.3% on the final product. Color that enhance only the meat proteins: no diffusion or leaking into fat or packaging and for an optimal attractive product presentation.
- Clean label
- Carmine, caramel or beetred replacement
- Color improvement
Interested in our Qrange leaflet?