Are you interested in lowering production costs for your beef or pork products? Do you want to lower the fat in your beef or pork products? Is a more sustainable product, a cleaner ingredient list, or allergen-free labeling of interest?
If any of the above piques your interest as a meat product producer, your solution is Sonac’s new, innovative ingredient, QExtend Beef PF12 and QExtend Pork PF12. Made via a patented process, QExtend can replace meat and fat in a beef or pork recipe by up to 25%.
Why use QExtend
When using QExtend in your beef or pork recipe, you can achieve the following:
- A reduced cost in beef and pork formulations
- A solution to or back-up for ingredient sourcing woes like trimmings or raw, frozen beef or pork
- A healthier nutrition profile in your end product
- Juicier mouthfeel and texture
- A cleaner ingredient label
- Fewer allergenic ingredients
- A more sustainable product overall
Why haven’t you heard of QExtend?
QExtend is a completely new product and solution for the meat industry. It replaces meat and fat, yet doesn’t sacrifice quality whatsoever. QExtend is made through a patented process and was only introduced in 2019.
Where to use QExtend
There are three main types of products where QExtend is ideal to use:
1. Ground meat products, such as burgers, fresh sausages, meatballs, and pizza toppings.
2. Salami and other dry, cured sausages.
3. Cooked sausages, such as cervelat, frankfurters and Sucuk
How to use QExtend in a beef product or pork product
QExtend pork and beef are easy to incorporate into your meat products. They both come in frozen blocks and in the same format and appearance as regular, frozen beef and pork meat that you’d use in an all-meat formulation. They contain 13% protein and are a solid paste-like consistency, which translates to a simple 1:1 replacement of raw meat. As a result, you can handle and incorporate QExtend exactly how you would an all-beef or all-pork product.
In essence, you need not do anything differently in the production process when you incorporate QExtend into your beef or pork product.
Would you like to try this natural meat or fat replacer in your beef or pork product? Fill out our sample request here and a product specialist from Sonac will arrange for a sample to be sent.